The Minister responsible for the Law Commission, Hon Kiri Allan, has asked Te Aka Matua o te Ture | Law Commission to review the protections in the Human Rights Act 1993 for transgender people, non-binary people and people with diverse sex...
Each project is an area of law or subject matter that the Law Commission has agreed to review. The Commission works on several projects at a time. Together, these projects make up the Commission's annual work programme.
Use the search filters below to find particular projects. For more information on how we work see how we conduct projects.
- (-) Remove Preparing report filter Preparing report
- (-) Remove Researching issues filter Researching issues
- (-) Remove Work on hold filter Work on hold
- Discontinued (1) Apply Discontinued filter
- (-) Remove Open filter Open
- Closed (55) Apply Closed filter
Areas of law
- (-) Remove Civil filter Civil
- (-) Remove Family filter Family
- (-) Remove International Law filter International Law
- (-) Remove Property/Trusts filter Property/Trusts
- Human Rights (3) Apply Human Rights filter
- Other (3) Apply Other filter
- Criminal (1) Apply Criminal filter
- Evidence (1) Apply Evidence filter
- Public (1) Apply Public filter
- Social (1) Apply Social filter
Project status: Open Start date 16 January 2023 Last updated 26 May 2023
He Arotake i te Ture mō ngā Huarahi Whakatau a ngā Pakeke | Review of Adult Decision-Making Capacity Law
Te Aka Matua o te Ture | Law Commission is reviewing how the law should respond when an adult’s decision-making is affected.