This project reports on the Imperial Laws Application Bill introduced in the Parliament of New Zealand on 21 October 1986.
Each project is an area of law or subject matter that the Law Commission has agreed to review. The Commission works on several projects at a time. Together, these projects make up the Commission's annual work programme.
Use the search filters below to find particular projects. For more information on how we work see how we conduct projects.
Areas of law
- (-) Remove Public filter Public
- (-) Remove Civil filter Civil
- (-) Remove Commercial filter Commercial
- (-) Remove Customary and Treaty Settlements Law filter Customary and Treaty Settlements Law
- Courts and Dispute Resolution (40) Apply Courts and Dispute Resolution filter
- Criminal (39) Apply Criminal filter
- Other (33) Apply Other filter
- Human Rights (28) Apply Human Rights filter
- Family (23) Apply Family filter
- Social (22) Apply Social filter
- Property/Trusts (16) Apply Property/Trusts filter
- Evidence (15) Apply Evidence filter
- International Law (8) Apply International Law filter
- Consumer (5) Apply Consumer filter
This project examines and reviews: the language and structures of legislation; arrangements for the systematic monitoring and review of legislation; the law relating to the interpretation of legislation; and the provisions of the Acts...
This project examines and reviews legislation and its interpretation with regard to the Statutory Publications Bill.
This project examines and reviews the law relating to bodies incorporated under the Companies Act 1955, and reports on the form and content of a new Companies Act.
This project examines the Limitation Act 1950 and makes recommendations on changes needed to it. The principal recommendation is that the 1950 Act is repealed and replaced with a new Limitation Defences Act of wide application and with three...
This project follows a series of projects tasked with advising on ways in which the law could be made as understandable and accessible as possible. This series includes the reports on Imperial Legislation 1987, the Statutory Publications Bill...
In October 1997 the Law Commission started a new project on the subject of international trade. This is the first of four reports which will deal with international trade issues. It addresses, in a preliminary way, the subject of electronic...
This project reviews the law relating to personal property securities in New Zealand. It recommends that a new Personal Property Securities Act be enacted in place of Part IV of the Companies Act 1955, and the whole of the Chattels Transfer Act...
This project consists of seminars that focus on and provoke discussion of the underlying objectives and overall coherence of the reforms of various laws affecting intellectual property.
This project reports on the law which should govern the action to be taken in a national emergency. The First Report on Emergencies: Use of the armed forces (NZLC R12 1990) was largely implemented by the Defence Act 1990. The Final Report...