Each project is an area of law or subject matter that the Law Commission has agreed to review. The Commission works on several projects at a time. Together, these projects make up the Commission's annual work programme.
Use the search filters below to find particular projects. For more information on how we work see how we conduct projects.
Areas of law
- (-) Remove Evidence filter Evidence
- (-) Remove Family filter Family
- Civil (3) Apply Civil filter
- Human Rights (3) Apply Human Rights filter
- Other (3) Apply Other filter
- Public (2) Apply Public filter
- Courts and Dispute Resolution (1) Apply Courts and Dispute Resolution filter
- Criminal (1) Apply Criminal filter
- International Law (1) Apply International Law filter
- Property/Trusts (1) Apply Property/Trusts filter
- Social (1) Apply Social filter
Project status: Calling for submissions Start date 30 May 2022 Last updated 18 May 2023
He Arotake i te Ture mō ngā Huarahi Whakatau a ngā Pakeke | Review of Adult Decision-Making Capacity Law
Te Aka Matua o te Ture | Law Commission is reviewing how the law should respond when an adult’s decision-making is affected.