Each project is an area of law or subject matter that the Law Commission has agreed to review. The Commission works on several projects at a time. Together, these projects make up the Commission's annual work programme.
Use the search filters below to find particular projects. For more information on how we work see how we conduct projects.
- (-) Remove Awaiting Government Response filter Awaiting Government Response
- (-) Remove Work on hold filter Work on hold
- Calling for submissions (1) Apply Calling for submissions filter
- (-) Remove Open filter Open
- Closed (53) Apply Closed filter
Areas of law
- (-) Remove Evidence filter Evidence
- (-) Remove Family filter Family
- (-) Remove Commercial filter Commercial
- Human Rights (3) Apply Human Rights filter
- Other (3) Apply Other filter
- Civil (2) Apply Civil filter
- Criminal (1) Apply Criminal filter
- International Law (1) Apply International Law filter
- Property/Trusts (1) Apply Property/Trusts filter
- Public (1) Apply Public filter
- Social (1) Apply Social filter
Project status: Calling for submissions Start date 30 May 2022 Last updated 18 May 2023
He Arotake i te Ture mō ngā Huarahi Whakatau a ngā Pakeke | Review of Adult Decision-Making Capacity Law
Te Aka Matua o te Ture | Law Commission is reviewing how the law should respond when an adult’s decision-making is affected.