Aotearoa New Zealand has laws aimed at protecting the public from reoffending risks posed by some offenders convicted of serious crimes. These laws enable the detention or supervision of those offenders beyond a fixed-term prison sentence (...
Each project is an area of law or subject matter that the Law Commission has agreed to review. The Commission works on several projects at a time. Together, these projects make up the Commission's annual work programme.
Use the search filters below to find particular projects. For more information on how we work see how we conduct projects.
- (-) Remove Awaiting Government Response filter Awaiting Government Response
- (-) Remove Work on hold filter Work on hold
- Discontinued (1) Apply Discontinued filter
- (-) Remove Researching issues filter Researching issues
- Open (3) Apply Open filter
- Closed (83) Apply Closed filter
Areas of law
- (-) Remove Criminal filter Criminal
- (-) Remove Civil filter Civil
- (-) Remove International Law filter International Law
- (-) Remove Social filter Social
- Other (2) Apply Other filter
- Human Rights (1) Apply Human Rights filter