Whakapā mai

Contact us

You can contact us by using our contact form, or by calling or writing to us. Our contact form and contact details are below.

If you are Deaf, hard of hearing, deafblind or speech-impaired

The New Zealand Relay Service helps people who are Deaf, hard of hearing, deafblind or speech-impaired to communicate with others over the phone.

Things we cannot help you with

We cannot give legal advice.

We cannot investigate complaints about the courts, judges, lawyers, the police, public sector agencies or their officials.

If you want legal advice or to make a complaint, or are seeking information about the courts, court decisions or government, these links might help you: Find legal help or information.

Threatening, abusive or unlawful communications

The issues we review sometimes generate strong opinions and disagreement. It is our role to consider all sides of an issue. We also need to keep our people safe. If a communication contains material that is threatening, abusive or unlawful, we will stop reading or listening to it and will disregard its contents. We will not respond to communication that is threatening, abusive or unlawful and may take action to block further communication.

Have your say or request information

How to have your say on our law reform reviews or areas of law you think might need review.

How to request official information or personal information we might hold about you.

Contact us

Use our contact form below, or call or write to us at:

Email: com@lawcom.govt.nz

Phone: +64 (04) 473 3453

Toll-free: 0800 832 526

Postal address:

Te Aka Matua o te Ture | Law Commission
PO Box 2590
Wellington 6140
New Zealand


Te Aka Matua o te Ture | Law Commission
DX SP 23534
New Zealand

Subscribe for updates

By subscribing to our mailing list, you can stay informed about the work of the Commission and ensure your voice is heard when we consult on our law reform reviews.

Send us a message

Have your say

Tells us your views about the law we are reviewing or suggest a topic of law for review.

Request information

You can request official information or any personal information we may hold about you.

Find legal help

For links to sources of legal help or information.