The Minister responsible for the Law Commission, Hon Kiri Allan, has asked Te Aka Matua o te Ture | Law Commission to review the protections in the Human Rights Act 1993 for transgender people, non-binary people and people with diverse sex...
Each project is an area of law or subject matter that the Law Commission has agreed to review. The Commission works on several projects at a time. Together, these projects make up the Commission's annual work programme.
Use the search filters below to find particular projects. For more information on how we work see how we conduct projects.
Areas of law
- (-) Remove Public filter Public
- (-) Remove Courts and Dispute Resolution filter Courts and Dispute Resolution
- Human Rights (3) Apply Human Rights filter
- Other (3) Apply Other filter
- Civil (2) Apply Civil filter
- Criminal (1) Apply Criminal filter
- Evidence (1) Apply Evidence filter
- Family (1) Apply Family filter
- International Law (1) Apply International Law filter
- Property/Trusts (1) Apply Property/Trusts filter
- Social (1) Apply Social filter
Project status: Open Start date 16 January 2023 Last updated 26 May 2023