Rapua he āwhina ture, he pārongo ture rānei

Find legal help or information

Have your say conusltation photo iStock 587787178

Te Aka Matua o te Ture | Law Commission cannot give legal advice.

We cannot investigate complaints about the courts, judges, lawyers, the police, public sector agencies or their officials.

If you want legal advice or to make a complaint, or are seeking information about the courts, court decisions or government, the links below might help you.

For legal advice

To make a complaint about

For information about the courts and their decisions

For information about Parliament and central and local government services

  • The New Zealand Parliament website provides information about members and Parliament's work programme, including the making and amending of legislation.
  • The Directory of Official Information gives a detailed picture of the structure of central government departments and organisations, and enables you to find out exactly where your requests for information should be made.
  • Govt.nz is a gateway to information on central and local government services, and government agency contact details.